Archief voor de categorie 'overdenkingen'
Earlier I wrote about how Lou Reed proposed to the love of his life Laurie Anderson in a song, The Power of Your Heart.
Today I came across this text in Rolling Stone wherein Laurie Anderson – performance artist, meditator, and wife of Lou Reed – gave an extraordinarily beautiful description ofReed’s death. The couple were students of Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche and had studied Buddhist teachings on how to prepare for death — and how to live when one spouse has a terminal illness. Lees verder ‘The purpose of death is the release of Love’
Tags:awareness, ignorance, wisdom
Tags:baby, birth, Life, umbilical cord
- Do you believe in life after birth?
- Yes, sure. There must be something after birth. Maybe we are here because we should prepare for what we will be after that moment.
- Nonsense! There is no life after birth. How do you suppose it to be?
- I don’t know for sure… there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk by our feet and will feed by our mouth.
- This is such an absurdity! Walking is impossible. And eating by the mouth? Simply ridiculous. We feed by the umbilical cord. I tell you: life after birth is inconceivable. The umbilical cord is just too short.
- And yet I believe that there should be something, even if it will be different somehow to what we are accustomed to.
- But nobody has ever come back from the hereafter. Birth is the end of life. And what is life all about? Only a sad existence in the darkness, leading to nowhere.
- Well, I don’t know exactly how it will be after birth, but I’m sure that we will see the mom, and she will take care of us.
- Mom? Do you believe in the mom? Where do you think she is?
- Where? She is all around us! We live through her. Without her all this world would not exist.
- Well, I cannot believe it! I never saw a mom, therefore the logic says she doesn’t exist.
- Right, but sometimes, when we are in silence, you can hear her singing or feel her caressing our world. You know, I think there’s a real life waiting for us and now we are only preparing for that…
(~ Written by a member of Self Realization Fellowship~)
Tags:bestraling, chemotherapie, farmaceutische industrie, kanker
De Farmaceutische Industrie vertelt ons dat chemotherapie levens redt, je kans van overleven op lange termijn verhoogt en dat deze vorm van therapie gezonde cellen niet beschadigt. Al deze verklaringen van zijn vals. Gif doodt zonder onderscheid, heeft dat altijd gedaan en ook in de toekomst zal dat altijd zo zijn. Terwijl chemo gezonde cellen schaadt, zet deze vorm van therapie ook de aanmaak van een eiwit in werking dat tumorgroei ondersteunt en weerstand biedt tegen verdere behandeling. Je leest het goed … chemotherapie stimuleert de groei van kanker en is de belangrijkste oorzaak van secundaire kankers. Lees verder ‘Wat de Kanker Industrie Je Niet Vertelt over Chemotherapie en Bestraling’
Tags:always, Lesson, Love
Tags:C.S. Lewis, Quote
A song with which Lou Reed proposed to Laurie Anderson
The Power of Your Heart
You and me we always sweat and strain
You look for sun, I look for rain
We’re different people, we’re not the same
The power of the sun Lees verder ‘The Beating of a Purebred Heart’
Tags:fear, to be, Truth
Tags:purpose of time
If there were any purpose to time it would be this: the time it takes for the Beloved to reveal what you have not yet been able to love; the time it takes for the Beloved to soften your heart through the relentless pain and longing of being human.
The unloved corners of your being wait.
As Love moves in we learn to let this dear character called ‘me’ do what it does. To take our mental hands off it and to lay on it a different pair of hands. More natural hands.
Hands from your heart that bless and stroke and speak approving words of okayness.
Hands that fold your human body into their embrace. Not just the sweet, imagined body of your inner child but the broken, mind-battered body of an older being, no longer so agile or worldly beautiful.
Hands that love to love whatever they hold – that are drawn irresistibly to the object of their secret devotion….you. Just as you are, with your hidden little idiosyncrasies and shamings, your hits and buzzes of arrogance, your compulsions and so-called flaws. All so nothing in this tender flow.
Hands that bring only mercy and benevolence, that whisper and will whisper to our dying day: “Come and lay with me. Come, lay here forever with me”.
(Source: Mags Deane.)
Tags:ADHD, asperger, autisme, energetisch reinigen, PDD-Nos, stress
Vind de kracht bij jezelf, is de essentie van de aanpak die Henk Janssen en Judith Michels voorstaan. Vanuit pure individualiteit ontdekken dat jij je in vrijheid met anderen kunt verbinden. Niet omdat je de ander dwingend nodig hebt, maar volledig vanuit je eigen kracht. “Pas dan zal er sprake zijn van het nieuwe wij.” Lees verder ‘Het lijkt nergens op’
OK, if I’m honest I must say that I don’t like those email forwards. But, there is always an exception to the rule. This story is about the mysterious ways that God works. And what more; this one can be tracked back to an original source. Here is the story as told by English Christian Missionary Helen Roseveare, which was included in her book Living Faith. Helen’s life of service was portrayed in the 1989 film Mama Luka Comes Home. Lees verder ‘A Prayer for a Hot Water Bottle’
Tags:dreams, journey, Life, living, time
Magician David Blaine believes anything is possible. And no matter what you think of his history of “crazy” stunts, believing that anything is possible isn’t a bad way to live your life.
Here, David tells the fascinating and entertaining story about the training for his 2008 breath-holding stunt, which ended up being “the most amazing journey of [his] life.”
Here are some highlights you shouldn’t miss:
At 8:24, see before and after shots of David’s 50-pounds-in-3-months weight loss, which was required for this feat. Dang. At 10:59, he calls on everyone’s favorite hero for her help. At 12:23, you hear about his first big success at breath-holding … and learn who was decidedly unimpressed with this accomplishment. Then, around 17:26, he shares the surprising urge he had 14 minutes into his 17-minute breath hold. Finally, at 19:38, David gets seriously choked up and gives us all a sense of how emotional it can be to live your dreams.