– Do you believe in life after birth?
– Yes, sure. There must be something after birth. Maybe we are here because we should prepare for what we will be after that moment.
– Nonsense! There is no life after birth. How do you suppose it to be?
– I don’t know for sure… there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk by our feet and will feed by our mouth.
– This is such an absurdity! Walking is impossible. And eating by the mouth? Simply ridiculous. We feed by the umbilical cord. I tell you: life after birth is inconceivable. The umbilical cord is just too short.
– And yet I believe that there should be something, even if it will be different somehow to what we are accustomed to.
– But nobody has ever come back from the hereafter. Birth is the end of life. And what is life all about? Only a sad existence in the darkness, leading to nowhere.
– Well, I don’t know exactly how it will be after birth, but I’m sure that we will see the mom, and she will take care of us.
– Mom? Do you believe in the mom? Where do you think she is?
– Where? She is all around us! We live through her. Without her all this world would not exist.
– Well, I cannot believe it! I never saw a mom, therefore the logic says she doesn’t exist.
– Right, but sometimes, when we are in silence, you can hear her singing or feel her caressing our world. You know, I think there’s a real life waiting for us and now we are only preparing for that…
(~ Written by a member of Self Realization Fellowship~)